WATCHTOWER REPORT FILE NO. 056582-DZ
THREAT OF DANGER: IMMINENT
ACTION ADVISED: ALL AVAILABLE RESOURCES TO PREPARE FOR POTENTIAL INVASION AND ATTACK FROM NON-EARTH FORCES
Approximately two months ago, the Vega System and its associated twenty-two planets (supplementary note: Green Lantern Corps Sector 2828, under recent acquisition into the Corps’ protection, previously under the exclusive care of the Orange Lantern Corps, stationed in the core of Okaara, thirteenth planet in the system, as well as the home to several Vegan training facilities) became embroiled in an intensive cross-planetary conflict. At the time of this report, the exact reasoning behind this cannot be determined, but it is believed a third party source somehow manipulated the already-aggressive relationship to a breaking point.
Soldiers on both sides began to show symptoms of some sort of disease approximately three weeks prior. The known strain of the illness currently takes three stages: a primary stage characterized by what appears to be extreme hyperaggression, loss of cognitive awareness and pain receptors, and an intense orientation towards specific goals (one Okaaran was witnessed tearing apart his own limb ligaments attempting to pick up a landed cruiser). In the second stage, the victim begins to produce a black, iridescent secretion from all major orifices, and undergoes what appears to be a psychotic break, including a recollection of their own previous activities during the first stage, and sudden and crippling hysteria that makes them nearly incapable of comprehensible speech. Evidence points to a third recovery stage, but all sides of the war were actively disposing of anyone who showcased symptoms of the second stage (the first stage proved harder to diagnose given the atmosphere of the conflict). At the time of this report, it is unknown how the infection is spread, but contact with infected beings does not appear to be hazardous.
It is believed the following incidents on Earth are related to, and possibly directly caused by, the Vega System conflict:
- January 3rd collision of a destroyed Manhunter into the coast of Cape Horn, Chile, accompanied by an unknown scorpion-like swarm (File No. 515648-DU). Mission Respondents: Donna Troy, Nightwing, Arsenal, and Flash.
- January 11th break and subsequent crash landing of a Psion-manned intergalactic vessel. One portion of the vessel was located on Taroa Island, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (File No. 134698-DU). Mission Respondents: Jade, Kid Flash, Zachary Zatara. The second portion of the vessel, containing the helm of the vessel, was tracked to Waimea Canyon, Kauai, Hawaii, United States (File No. 696495-DU). Mission Respondents: Zatanna Zatara, Speedy, proxy assist from Manhunter. One confirmed survivor, a Psion male by the name of Ansek. NOTE: Extreme caution is advised in the care and handling of Ansek, as Psion males are directly linked to and responsible for labor and sex trafficking, as well as eugenics experimentation, in multiple intergalactic sectors.
- January 17th invasion of Ivy Town by the Larfleeze of the Orange Lantern Corps and associated construct-beings (File No. 787516-DU). Mission Respondents: Batgirl, Atom.
- January 17th invasion of Gotham by Mongul of the Yellow Lantern Corps (File No. 356154-DU). Confirmed presence of Black Mercy plant (See: Black Mercy Access File), extreme caution advised. Mission Respondents: Unknown.
The conflict in the Vega System has seemingly caused the emotional entities responsible for the seven emotional Corps to seek asylum on Earth, most with children of League members.
- Ion, entity of Will, is confirmed to have appeared to Lian Harper, and has transferred residence to the Watchtower at the request of Batman and Green Arrow. Known Abilities: Willpower Induction, Flight, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Phasing, Willpower Energy Manipulation, Immortality, Size Manipulation, and Willpower Connection. STATUS: Non-threat.
- Adara, entity of Hope, is confirmed to have appeared to the West twins, Jai and Irey. Known Abilities: Hope Induction, Flight, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Phasing, Hope Energy Manipulation, Immortality, Size Manipulation, and Hope Connection. STATUS: Non-threat.
- Predator, entity of Love, is confirmed to have appeared to the current Robin (V) and has transferred residence to the Watchtower at the request of Batman and Green Arrow. Known Abilities: Love Induction, Flight, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Phasing, Love Energy Manipulation, Immortality, Size Manipulation, Love Connection, and Crystalization. STATUS: Non-hostile potential threat. Predator appears highly erratic and should be treated with caution, but currently appears to be cooperative with Watchtower protocol.
- The Butcher, entity of Rage, is confirmed to have appeared to Ramsey Robinson. Known Abilities: Rage Induction, Flight, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Phasing, Rage Energy Manipulation, Immortality, Size Manipulation, Rage Connection. STATUS: Potential threat. Extreme caution should be taken to avoid enraging The Butcher further.
- Proselyte, entity of Compassion, is confirmed to have appeared to Helen Jordan. Known Abilities: Compassion Induction, Flight, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Phasing, Compassion Energy Manipulation, Immortality, Size Manipulation, Compassion Connection. STATUS: Non-threat.
- Ophidian, entity of Avarice. Location unknown, believed to be with Larfleeze, Orange Lantern. STATUS: Potential threat. Like Larfleeze, Ophidian only cares about material possessions and if approached incorrectly will decimate anything in its path to possess its prize. Extreme caution advised.
- Parallax, entity of Fear. Location unknown. STATUS: Extreme threat. Do not approach or confront Parallax, and report any possible sightings directly to Lantern Rayner.
The entities have spoken directly of a ‘darkness’ that is coming through the universe, and believe it will make landfall on Earth. They have gathered their forces to protect themselves, as well as us. Based on their accounts, it is believed whatever is happening in the Vega System is moving towards Earth, and quickly.
***Preparation protocol dictates that all available resources be directed towards immediate defense and emergency response systems. Vega System inhabitants, regardless of planetary origin, possess extrahuman durability and strength, but otherwise should possess no superhuman abilities. They will be armed with standard issue energy blasters, which can be overcome using high-energy disruptor shields and devices. The exception to this rule is the Tamaranean Queen, Komand’r. Her solar energy storage is rival to her sister, Koriand’r (League Personnel File: Starfire) and she should be approached with extreme caution. A Diplomatic Negotiation Unit, manned by The Leader, Aell’aj’nah’zeah, will also likely accompany the troops. It does not appear that this unit will pose any threat, but the abilities this crystalline leader and her people are still unknown. The contagion reported above’s origins and abilities are also unknown.
Other related notes: The Watchtower is currently hosting two refugee Psion females: Goriam and Gorius Karkum. Although non-threats, caution must be taken to keep Ansek, the male Psion survivor from the Kauai crash remains, apart from them. Male Psions’ cruelty towards their females is notorious, and Goriam and Gorius cannot be trusted to avoid extreme harm of his person. Otherwise, these two should be treated with respect and dignity, as per League Protocol SK56.56 (‘Regarding the Presence of Benign Intergalactic Visitors’).
At this time, any and all relevant information should be uploaded at the first possible moment. Motives, methods, and meaning are all unclear, and anything that can shed light on the situation should be logged immediately.
Report Log: Nightstar, Authorization Code UJD-35, Jan. 20, 22:26